Monday, March 30, 2015

SOME PERSPECTIVES OF LOTTERY AND GAMBLING

In Arabic/English Dictionary, gambling and lotteries have different word and meanings. LOTTERY in Arabic means “yanasib or qur’atun”, and qura’tun in Hausa language mean “Quria” election or vote, to select pick by balloting. The Arabic word qur’atun can be translated to mean election in that sense too. The Hausa word Quria was derived from the Arabic word qur’atun. In the case of gambling, it is referred to “Maysir” and this is the word with which the Qur’an refers to gambling, when it was prohibited among other things like alcoholic drinks, forecasting and divinity arrows for seeking luck or fortune telling as an abomination orchestrated by the handiwork of Satan. The verse ended with a strict warning to avoid it for one to be successful. Qur’an chapter 5:V90-91 explains it clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IS THIS LIFE WORTH?

*THE END OF EVERY HOPE IS DEATH* My house, my car, my children, my certificates, my job, my husband, my wife, my families, my clothes,...

WORLD CORRENCY EXCHANGE

Naira4Dollar